Saturday 26 September 2009

The Little Red Riding Hood, Cute Felt Brooch!

These cute and reassuring felt brooches show as "my" Little Riding Hood hasn't anything to do with the respective tale, which I always found a little sinister. I don't know if it was the same for you, but that splatter ambience, in which dismembering and cannibalism lorded, had the power to bother awfully me when I was child. Growing up, my impression doesn't change and indeed it is confirmed by some psychological interpretations that have come out the sexual and disquieting implications of the tale; it seams that The Red Riding Hood should be the symbol of the young girl who becomes adult after having been eaten by the Wolf... that's after stumbling on the man, seen as sexual predator from which to look after. Lately, I discovered that the most ancient version of this tale is Le Chaperon Rouge, appeared in 1697 into a collection of tales by Charles Perrault. The Perrault's version is maybe more scary than the more known Brothers Grimm's one. In this version the Red Riding Hood is an "attractive, well-bred young lady" who ends up eaten with her grandmother by the wolf and there the story ends without any happy end! Perrault, in the end, provided an explicitly the way in which to interpret the moral of the tale urging children, and especially attractive, well-bred young ladies, to not listen at strangers who, behind a nice appearance, hide a dangerous starving wolf!!
In short, after having state all the rawness of this tale, I tried to find my way to exorcize it throughout the creation of a Kawaii Red Riding Hood brand in which also the Wolf is not very bad... hoping that, this time, it will be an happy end for him too!





Do you like these brooches? They're now on sale on my DaWanda Shop!

These brooches are hand crafted in felt by me and in the back they are attached to metal pin backs.

3 commenti:

Mariane on 1 December 2009 at 22:22 said...

Ciao! I´m brazilian!
So sweet! I loved everything!
Congratulations!
Visit my blog at www.marianepro.blogspot.com

María Fridman on 10 January 2010 at 19:35 said...

Gorgeous! Bravo! :D

María Fridman on 10 January 2010 at 19:36 said...

Gorgeous! Bravo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin