Wednesday 2 December 2009

Le fabuleux destin de Memi The Rainbow...



"instead, she cultivates a taste for small pleasures: dipping her hand into sacks of grain, cracking crème brûlée with a teaspoon and skipping stones at the St. Martin's Canal..."
This is my favourite scene of the famous film "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain". That's maybe because the notes of Yann Tiersen on the background is really harrowing, or because I totally share the idea about which the key of happiness is contained in little acts, in little things. The fact remains that as soon as I can, I love have a walk along the pebbly stripe that skirts the quiet waters of Canal Saint-Martin. Its magic has no equal maybe because all-we're just seeking the sound of stones thrown on the water; it's the flavour of little moments of daily life that we need, not the fiction of sadly-funny conditions.

Canal Saint-Martin by day and by night...

And during one of my walks, I ran into this new little "friend" that I want to present to you, voilà Monsieur Taterpot:

Let's have fun growing a plant in a cute potato-shapped pot!


It's a very cute pot in the shape of a potato in which to grow up a very fragrant basilic plant. Although I'm not really good at take care of plants (I'm able even to make cactus die of thirst!!!) but I assure I will get an exception for this cutest gem!
The shop in which I found it is nearby the Canal and if you're in Paris, I suggest you to pop on it because, more then Monsieur Tatepot, there are a wide range of little stuffs that could surely make you happy!

This shop is Pop Market, adress: 50, rue Bichat, 75010 Paris

1 commenti:

Unknown on 4 December 2009 at 00:28 said...

oohh Amélie è uno dei miei film preferiti ed ogni tanto mi riguardo il dvd comprato durante l'ultimo soggiorno a Parigi, in francese è ancora più bello. Mi hai fatto venire nostalgia, cioè ancora più nostalgia di Parigi di quanta non ne abbia di solito e prevedo a breve perlomeno un paio di giorni in cui riempirmi di nuovo il cuore e gli occhi con questa splendida città. Di sicuro andrò a visitare il negozio che hai suggerito, Monsieur Taterpot è troppo carino!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin