Saturday 29 May 2010

Vintage children illustrations collection


And now, as promised, here you can find some pictures of old children's books that I discovered in Italy, rummaging in the attic of the house where I was born...


I find that these illustrations are really beautiful, so I decided to collect them in the magazine that I inserted below to share with all of you and especially to ensure that the fantastic work of these artists will not be forgotten and will be preserved in the future.


click on this image to see a magazine with some images that I've collected!

This plunge in the past has made me so nostalgic that I decided to dedicate my latest creations to books that made me company when I was child... here you can find some rubber stamps featuring some characters of the famous Finnish book by Tove Jansson, the Moomin...



and two other rubber stamps devoted to the sweet Memole and her little pet, Pacopaco...



here instead a felt version of Memole and Pacopaco (for sal here)...



and, using some hand carved rubber stamps just done...


other brooches (for sale here and here)...


merci!

2 commenti:

Syazwi Aljabri on 30 May 2010 at 06:59 said...

Hi there,
You are so talented! You can draw then carve your drawings in form of rubber stamps. Making cute and petite brooch, necklace. Of I'm in love with your collection! I wish I can buy something from you. You are one of my favourite crafter!

Love,
Syazwi from Malaysia.

p/s you won an award and I hope you will like it. Here is the link:
http://mychocolatemuffins.blogspot.com/

Memi The Rainbow on 30 May 2010 at 10:39 said...

Thank you very much, I'm really glad to know that my blog is one of your favourite. Also your creations are really cute (the felt candies are a dream!).

cheers,

Memi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin