Wednesday 23 March 2011

Good chance. Contemporary kawaii amulets


Unazukin

Even if I do not believe too much in superstition or in lucky charm, I think that our world obliges us to find constantly shields against troubles of contemporary life in order to improve our feeling of security. To each choice that we have to take or to each turn our life has, we accumulate insomuch as a stress and an uncertainness that we always desire to find a way to feel the master of our destiny. Or, at least, to reach a more relaxed being. And, while some time ago I was looking for a special "amulet" able to have these effects on me (or simply another cute stuff to put on my desk), I have found these two wonderful items: the wise Unazukin and the "trivial" Mameshiba... and now I want to introduce them a little more in detail:

Unazukin Unazukin hand carved rubber stampsMameshiba hand carved rubber stamps Mameshiba hand carved rubber stamps

The Unazukin, more than being a kind of cute middle way between a kokeshi and a matryoshka, is an "advising" fairy doll. You can ask her everything, concerning your life and your doubts, she will answer you with a "no" (shaking her head) or with a "yes" (nodding). Sometimes it is unbelievable how this doll gives the impression to really follow your telling and to interact with you with her head movings...
Mameshiba, on the other hand, are unconventional anti-stress toys, a hybrid between a bean and a dog that appear out of nowhere and offer random bits of trivia whether you asked for it or not.... for having an idea of what I'm saying, you can take a look to the Mameshiba's trivia in this video...



And in order to show my love for two these loving stuffs, I carved some stamps, a Mameshiba and an Unazukin, which you can find on my etsy, I hope you like them!

ps. As both Mameshiba and Unazukin are Japanese, I want to seize the opportunity to show my solidarity to Japan, a country that I love very much and that is a source of inspiration for me, which now is suffering a tremendous tragedy.



3 commenti:

kat on 25 March 2011 at 07:22 said...

waah..I want one!

Belichek on 26 March 2011 at 19:07 said...

So cute)) I love stamps)

Goomie on 11 April 2011 at 03:37 said...

Lovely stamps!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin