Sunday 26 June 2011

My favorite illustrators # 4 Amy Earles


draw by Amy Earles

For this fourth issue of this special group of post dedicated to my favorite illustrators, I'm really glad to introduce you Amy Earles, an amazing american artist. I discovered her work sometime ago when, while browsing on Etsy, I stumbled upon her wonderful shop, filled with unbelievable paper dolls and draws. As she wrote on her blog's profile, she "makes things, prefers autumn, dreams in color, reflects from half closed eyes...Working primarily in gouache and pencil, she makes articulated paper dolls, paints & draws little stories and facets of memory".


Her stile is really unique, she's able to conjugate two different and contrasting frames of mind thanks to an agreeable and linear stroke mixed with dark colors, which evoke a feeling of sweet melancholy. I really love the outcome, and it was impossible for me to not buy a paper doll of her. Indeed, her paper dolls are simply wonderful, the choice for me was so hard because I love them all since the first sight. And, fascinated by her work, I've taken decision to carve a stamp inspired to one of her characters, a cute little ghost present in some of her draws and paper doll sets... You can check her work out on her website, on her blog, and on her shop...



3 commenti:

VanillaCloud on 27 June 2011 at 01:33 said...

Supercute :)

You are an artist! ^^ And her work is amazing!

Hugs

Pati.

rebecca paige reinhardt on 27 June 2011 at 19:24 said...

I love that stamp! So sweet.

rebecca paige reinhardt on 27 June 2011 at 19:27 said...

J'adore le tampon. Trop mimi :3

Blog Widget by LinkWithin