Friday 10 February 2012

My dear robot



When I was child, one of my dream was to have a robot all for me. I longed indeed for having a robot able to do whatever I disliked to do, such as, for instance, to tidy up my room, do my homework, to listen to mum while giving me a lecture, and even to eat vegetables... a kind of little unaware slave, willing to kindly help me in every occasion.


Hopefully, I put aside this slave attitude growing up; yet I've kept a geek vocation linked to robots. I am convinced that robots are one of representation of what I love in human being: that's the Promethean attitude to create through ingeniousness devices with which to overcome physical limits. As in the funny cartoon here above, "Bimbo in the robot", in which the weedy Bimbo is able, thanks to its personal robot, to lick the enormous and unfair Mike for the hand of his beloved! This funny story came from the ingeniousness of the mythic Max Fleischer, the father of Popeye, Betty Boop, and, off course, of Bimbo.


Thus, while I was remembering during these last days to this childish desire of mine, I took decision to carve a special stamp set dedicated to this little mechanical friend; some fabric hand stamped using this set became afterward a geekery pencil case... I hope you like them, they are on my etsy!





2 commenti:

aisya on 11 February 2012 at 11:43 said...

hi, my name is aimi and i'm from malaysia...
i admire all your artwork..
lets be friend :)

thetravelingheart on 21 February 2012 at 13:17 said...

love the stamps and the little video you put with them :) your work is great :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin