Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hand carved rubber stamps inspired to washi tapes



Washi tapes, also known as Japanese masking tapes, are now a real mania! And since I discovered them, I've state my addiction to these cute and colorful tapes with which I love to decorate my agenda and my paper crafts. A thing that I love in these tapes is their amazing patterns. Initially, when they were launched for the first time by a Japanese manufacturer of normal masking tapes, "only" 20 colors were available on the market. Since then, the range of patterns was increased a lot and tapes with both simple geometrical shapes and more complex ones were released.


Yet the most interesting thing of these tapes is that, differently to other tapes, you can post and remove them afterward endlessly, without risking to damage the surface upon which you applied them! The rice paper and the gentle adhesive with which these tape are made is really surprising, and they worked very well also on paper leaving it perfectly clean... by this way I never end up with posting and re-posting them on my pics, cards, and other stuff!


And this passion of mine gets me the idea to create some stamps inspired to masking tape: instead to post and remove tapes, I tried to emulate their cuteness with touch of stamps that has patterns similar to washi tapes and also the shapes of little pieces of tapes teared out from a tape roll... with them I have created these little flags for my muffins, the little paper chain behind, and I get fun to embellish my agenda! I hope you like them, you can find a wide range of set on my etsy!







17 commenti:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow these stamps are so beautiful!!

singh.nishtha@gmail.com on 29 March 2012 at 11:13 said...

Hey,

They are dam cute..loved the textures and the colours..



-May ART be with you.

Unknown on 1 April 2012 at 18:20 said...

omg girl!! what an amazing idea!! ;O
i curved few stamps too, but I would never thought of making washi tape stamps! awesome :D

chadichado on 2 April 2012 at 19:35 said...

Hello.
My name is Chad. I'm 11 years old and I love your blog!!!
I'm French and I've got a blog named chadichado.
You can look:
http://www.chadichado.blogspot.fr/

Sena on 2 April 2012 at 23:06 said...

Those are super cute! Awesome idea!

pünktli und anton on 3 April 2012 at 08:58 said...

wow -the stamps are so cute and great! congratulations!

saskia

Catherine said...

Sooooo cute!!! You have a new blog fan!!!
Catherine

Kelley on 3 April 2012 at 16:37 said...

Love them! I may have to try stamp carving!

Chez Roo on 3 April 2012 at 23:13 said...

These are sooo great!

malia on 5 April 2012 at 08:06 said...

so gorgeous and inspiring! xoxo thank you! malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Miek on 5 April 2012 at 22:39 said...

Woow this is so cool!
Ibecame follower number 700 :))

thetravelingheart on 6 April 2012 at 00:07 said...

how nice!

Unknown on 7 April 2012 at 11:04 said...

wow they are so cute! I wish they were all available in 1 set!

Unknown on 7 April 2012 at 17:05 said...

Incredible!!!! I adore them!!! I'll definetly buy you some of this!!!

donna mikasa on 26 July 2012 at 20:14 said...

love these, Memi! I hope to purchase some from your etsy shop when you reopen! so kawaii!

Jennifer on 24 November 2012 at 00:43 said...

How adorable! (I was brought here by a Pinterest pin). I love the idea, and your stamp-carving skills are making me a bit jealous ;)

Huaína Kélvia on 7 December 2012 at 23:28 said...

Very cutie!
I loved

Blog Widget by LinkWithin