Thursday 15 November 2012

Xmas is approaching



Xmas is approaching and the hunting for gift has already started with the growing dose of stress that, as all years, comes along... But my favorite activity for Christmas is to prepare unique and cute greeting cards and wrapping. This years I prepared some stamps that will be very useful to customize my gifts, my greetings, and each of my "merry xmas" will be different to the other one!

 

As you can see in the photos posted above here, I have hand carved a set of stamps with the shape of different xmas balls: a star, a round one, a dotted one and also a long and twisted one! They fit perfectly with their hook for hanging to form a cute combined stamp. I have a lot of fun in drawing with a pen also the faces onto the ball... in my journal, the page of 25th december is already fully decorated!!

 
   

More than these xmas balls, I have carved also a stamp with the shape of a Dala Horse. Dala horses, also known as Dalecarnian horses, are typical wooden horses of the Swedish folklore. They are symbol of Sweden, but their "kurbits" style recalls to me also the typical atmosphere of the xmas, of the snow, and of the rigid cold of the great north. As a consequence, this xmas many decorations of mine will use the cute Dalas, with which I have also created some stickers to be used to embellish packs and wrappings. All these ideas for xmas, and more other, are available on my esty.


Last but not least: I also created a special and unique listing, on sale only for this time on my etsy, with some felt animals to be used as decorations and ornaments in your xmas threes. Hurry up if you like it, this set will not be available again in the future!!





4 commenti:

teawiththemoon on 16 November 2012 at 00:43 said...

Your creations are just the sweetest - every time :)

Betsy on 16 November 2012 at 14:45 said...

So super cute!

mijbil on 23 November 2012 at 10:35 said...

i tuoi timbri sono bellissimi come sempre! :) un abbraccio dalla Svezia, dove i cavallini Dala sono ovunque!

Memi The Rainbow on 23 November 2012 at 14:08 said...

Grazie mijbil! Che bello vivere circondata dai cavallini Dala! Complimenti per le tue magnifiche creazioni!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin