Saturday 4 May 2013

Stamp it!


I am very glad to announce a cute publication about handmade stamps, edited by Jenny Doh, in which I actively participated! Jenny gathered projects from some compulsive stamps makers (amongst which are included Ishtar Olivera, Kerri Winterstein, Josephine Ho, Riyo Kihara, Noelle Griskey, Gertie Jaquet, Cynthia Shaffer, Sarah Patro, and me!!) and displays many ideas about ho to use a stamp. This book included also a lot of motifs to do your own stamps... the fun is guaranteed! The book is now for sale and it is available here and here. Jenny is also the author of many other books about crafts and arts and she created a delicious website, crescendoh.com. Thanks you very much Jenny for this amazing book about stamps!!!



7 commenti:

Nella mia soffitta... on 5 May 2013 at 11:30 said...

Congratulation for your active participation to the book! I'm just thinking to buy it!
;-)

Unknown on 6 May 2013 at 05:59 said...

Woow!! all your creations are amazing!! I love them!!

Wonderlander on 22 June 2013 at 20:10 said...

aww, this is such a cute nice blog. love all the creative ideas. i am following and linking back.
have a wonderful weekend, xx
http://www.theothersideofwonderland.com/

Merissa Revestir on 26 June 2013 at 04:11 said...

Good for you! It looks like a cute and creative book ;) I will look into obtaining a copy for sure.

oSoFine on 1 July 2013 at 14:39 said...

Hi Memi! I wanted to tell you that I've been reading your blog for a long time (I've read every post, I think!). I'm not sure if I've ever commented. I LOVE your work! I'm also so jealous that you get to live in Paris and your studio is so cute. :) I pre-ordered "Stamp It" from Amazon so that got it the day it came out for the main reason that you are featured in it. I hope this is the first of many books that you contribute to or write. Warm wishes for happiness and success from the U.S.A!

♥♥♥♥♥

p.s. If you ever get a chance could you do a tutorial on how to carve small dots, particularly eyes? I've been practicing for a while, but I can never seem to get the eyes the same size or circular and sometime I even cut them off altogether. I rotate the rubber and keep the gouge even but that doesn't seem to help - I often get spirals! It probably just takes practice, but if you have any tips could you please share them? Merci!

Memi The Rainbow on 2 July 2013 at 12:06 said...

Hi oSoFine, thanks for your cute message, glad to read it! I think that your troubles with dots and eyes need only some more practice and also a lot of patience! Actually, small parts are the most difficult to be carved... I have also written a tutorial, which is available on my etsy...
Good luck, Memi

Fida on 13 July 2013 at 20:49 said...

This is amazing!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin